- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW DELHI — DQ Entertainment and leading French animator MoonScoop Group on Friday announced a $100 million co-production alliance to make feature films, television and other content.
The first project under the new deal is the animated TV series “Casper’s Scare School,” scheduled for 2009 and co-produced with Classic Media.
The partners expect to release at least one TV series or film each year of the agreement, which runs through 2012.
Tapaas Chakravarti, DQE chairman and CEO, said that the average budget for a 52-episode series is “about $11 million” adding that the budget for “Casper” is a “little higher.”
“We have had a long-running association with MoonScoop and with this alliance we have taken this relationship further where both parties will co-produce and co-own various properties,” Chakravarti told The Hollywood Reporter on Friday.
With 13 facilities nationwide and more than 3,400 staff, Hyderabad, South India-based DQE’s client base includes Walt Disney Television Animation, Nickelodeon, Marvel, Mattel and BBC, among others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day