- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Morgan Freeman was discharged Thursday from a Tennessee hospital after the Oscar-winning actor was treated for broken bones and other injuries sustained in a weekend car crash in Mississippi.
Kathy Stringer, a spokeswoman for the Regional Medical Center, said Freeman was discharged but gave no other details.
The 71-year-old actor was hospitalized after the accident Sunday left him with a broken arm, broken elbow and shoulder damage.
Demaris Meyer, 48, of Memphis, a passenger in the car driven by Freeman, was also injured in the crash.
Freeman’s lawyer, Bill Luckett, told the Memphis Commercial-Appeal in Thursday’s editions that a divorce action is pending for the actor and Myrna Colley-Lee, his wife of 24 years. Luckett declined to provide details.
There was no answer Thursday at phone numbers for Luckett or for Freeman’s publicist, Donna Lee.
No divorce papers have been filed in Tallahatchie County where Freeman owns a home with Colley-Lee, according to Tallahatchie County Chancery Clerk Anita Mullen Greenwood.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day