- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Participant Prods., the Los Angeles-based production company behind “An Inconvenient Truth,” has announced plans to launch a television division as part of a larger effort to expand their content creation and distribution possibilities.
The company has tapped industry veteran John Moser as vp of the division. He will oversee original television programming from conception and development through production, following the company’s standard of socially conscious entertainment. He will report to Participant president Ricky Strauss.
Moser joins Participant from Showtime Networks, where he served as vp original programming. While at Showtime, he supervised the development of a number of award-winning programs and documentaries including “This American Life,” “Shame,” “Rikers High” and “Same Sex America.”
Before segueing into television and film, Moser was awarded the United Nations Society of Writers Award for Excellence for his work as a theater director and producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day