- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gail MacKinnon has been promoted to senior executive vp at the Motion Picture Association of America, the trade organization announced Thursday.
The executive will oversee international advocacy and policy, including in the Asia Pacific and European regions.
“With her deep industry experience and outstanding management skills, combined with the critical support of our regional presidents, I am confident that Gail will strengthen the coordination and value of this core MPAA function to our Members,” wrote chairman and CEO Charles Rivkin in an email to staff.
“Gail’s promotion is therefore an important step toward reflecting this reality and building a more globally aligned organization to further advance the interests of our Member Companies,” he added.
Amid other recent moves within the organization, Joan Graves, longtime chair of the Classification and Ratings Administration, stepped down after a decades-long career. She was succeeded by Kelly McMahon, who was previously vp and general counsel of the MPAA and began her role this month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day