- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Based at the company’s Silver Spring, Maryland, headquarters, Kim is charged with overseeing production management strategies, including the acquisition of content for all Discovery networks and digital platforms. She also will advise senior management on content deals, intellectual property, licensing and other issues.
Kim was senior vp and general counsel for MTV Networks Entertainment Group’s online businesses and SPIKE TV. At the latter network, she oversaw the lawsuit by Spike Lee that asserted trademark rights to the “Spike” name.
Kim also served as vp at various Viacom channels including Nickelodeon, MTV and Showtime. She began her career as a transaction lawyer at Shearman & Sterling in New York after graduating in 1998 from New York University School of Law.
“Clara will be a key advisor as we expand Discovery’s world-leading array of original programming,” said Mark Hollinger, president of global businesses and operations for the company. Kim will report to Hollinger.
Discovery’s channels include TLC, Animal Planet, the Science Channel and Discovery Health and reaches more than 1.5 billion subscribers in over 170 countries.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day