- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — MTV Networks International is planning to unleash Comedy Central in Israel from the beginning of next year.
MTV said Comedy Central Israel will mark the tenth localized Comedy Central service worldwide and is being launched in partnership with Israeli TV and digital media company Ananey Communications.
It will be available via digital cabler HOT.
Comedy Central Israel, targeted at a core audience of 18-34 year olds, will be a fully localized, Hebrew language channel, available to over 1.3 million TV households at launch.
The channel will broadcast a mix of international and local comedy programming; from timeless classics to the newest hit series, from sitcoms to stand up, from animation to sketch shows.
Comedy Central Israel joins MTVNI’s portfolio of comedy channels across the U.K., Italy, Spain, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Hungary and Poland.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day