- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
I HEAR A TRAIN A-COMIN’
A new three-disc CD/DVD box set that features unreleased material from Johnny Cash’s 1968 concerts at Folsom State Prison will be released Oct. 14 via Columbia/Legacy. “Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison: Legacy Edition” features the entire 65-minute first concert, with seven unreleased tracks, and the entire 75-minute second show, with 24 unreleased songs. The DVD includes interviews with inmates who saw the concerts.
Premiere Radio Networks will launch a three-hour music countdown show, “The iTunes Download,” this weekend on Top 40 radio stations nationwide. It will offer the 30 most downloaded songs on iTunes, artist interviews and more.
Warner Music Group’s top U.S. executive for recorded music, Lyor Cohen, sold 23% of his shares in the company this week, according to a regulatory filing. Cohen sold 800,000 shares Monday at $8.45 each for about $6.8 million; he still holds 2.6 million shares.
NEW CASE OF THE BLUES
Slide guitar great Elvin Bishop is going back to his roots with the new album “The Blues Rolls On,” due Sept. 23 from Delta Groove/Eclecto Groove Music. B.B. King, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes and George Thorogood are among those helping to support Bishop on the album.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America