- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Music video and commercial director Sam Bayer has signed on to direct the action thriller “Fiasco Heights” for Universal. Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller are producing via their Platinum Dunes banner.
In the project, which also has shades of film noir, a gunman returns to the crime-ridden city of Fiasco Heights and teams with a degenerate gambler/private eye on the run from a syndicate to look for a femme fatale and a mysterious briefcase. Kyle Ward penned the most recent draft.
Chris Bender and J.C. Spink are executive producing via their Benderspink banner alongside Mason Novick.
Universal’s Scott Bernstein and David Ortiz are overseeing the project for the studio.
Bayer hit the music video scene with Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit.” He since has worked with such artists as Sheryl Crow, Marilyn Manson, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins and Blink-182. His more recent videos include Green Day’s “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” and Justin Timberlake’s “What Goes Around Comes Around.”
Bayer, repped by Endeavor and Anonymous Content, is attached to direct Rogue’s remake of “Near Dark,” which Platinum Dunes also is producing. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day