- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stations owners have reached a verdict: Nancy Grace is coming to daytime TV.
CBS TV Distribution has cleared her talk show, “Swift Justice With Nancy Grace,” to strip daily on stations representing 80% of the country.
That makes Grace’s show the first confirmed program to join the daytime ranks in fall 2010. “Justice” will air as back-to-back half-hour episodes and has been cleared in 48 of the top 50 markets.
“Nancy is a powerful force in television with a built-in audience that tunes in to hear her point of view,” said Joe DiSalvo, president of sales at CBS Television Distribution. “We’re thrilled to have gotten such an immediate response from all of these groups, and their enthusiasm proves we’ve got the right show for them at the right time.”
The polarizing talk show host will continue her legal analysis show on HLN. “Justice” will have a more courtroom-style format that’s popular in daytime. Grace will take the daytime field a year before CBS TV’s top-rated “The Oprah Winfrey Show” exits the landscape.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day