- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney vp exhibitor relations Nancy Klueter will be honored with the Al Shapiro Distinguished Service Award at ShowEast 2008.
Klueter will be feted during the awards gala set to close the confab Oct. 16. ShowEast opens Oct. 13 at the Orlando World Center Marriott.
ShowEast co-managing director Mitch Neuhauser said Klueter was chosen to receive the award based on her many charitable endeavors, including work on behalf of Variety, the Children’s Charity.
“Her dedication to Variety’s Tent 25 charitable efforts has led to unprecedented amounts of money having been raised to help children in need in Southern California, not to mention her involvement with Variety International,” Neuhauser said. “Simply put, Nancy truly has a heart of gold.”
Klueter joined Disney 1989 as senior marketing coordinator in the studio’s theater-marketing department and was promoted to manager a year later. She was named director in 1992 and vp exhibitor relations in 1995.
The Shapiro award honors executives for “dedication, care and concern for the betterment of the motion picture industry.” Previous recipients include last year’s honoree, Scott Forman of Warner Bros.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day