- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NASHVILLE — Naomi Judd will return to the judging panel for the second season of CMT’s “Can You Duet,” the weekly music competition series from “American Idol” producers FremantleMedia North America.
Among last season’s contestants, three duos have signed label deals. Joey + Rory, who just earned their first Academy of Country Music nomination for top vocal duo, released their debut on Vanguard/Sugar Hill in October. Show winners Caitlin & Will signed to Sony Music Nashville’s Columbia Records and their debut single “Even Now” just launched on radio. Semi-finalists Kate and Kacey (the Coppolas) recently signed with Big Machine Records.
Unlike other talent competition shows, each contestant on “Can You Duet” will compete as part of a duo, sometimes working with different partners as the competition progresses.
In addition to critiquing each performance and deciding who will advance to the next round, be sent home, and ultimately be crowned country music’s next great duo, Judd – along with two more, yet to be announced judges filling the panel — will also serve as a mentor to the duos.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day