- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
SHANGHAI — The NBA will host two preseason games between the Milwaukee Bucks and the Golden State Warriors in Beijing and Guangzhou in October.
Both games will be broadcast live in more than 200 countries and territories, including China and U.S., the league said. However, the detailed broadcaster list will not be released until September.
With Chinese basketball player Yi Jianlian leaving the Milwaukee Bucks for the New Jersey Nets this season, this will be the first time that the NBA China Games are held without a local player.
“We are disappointed about Yi’s absence, more so because he is from Guangzhou,” an NBA spokeswoman said. “But as only one NBA China Games are held per year in China, I do not think it will affect the passion of the audience or broadcasters.”
“No negative impact has been seen yet from Yi’s absence,” she added.
The first game will be held Oct. 15 in Guangzhou at the 13,000-capacity Guangzhou Gymnasium, making it the first-ever NBA game to be played in Guangzhou.
The games will then move to Beijing on Oct. 18, where the 17,000 capacity Beijing Olympic Basketball Arena will play host to its first commercial sporting event after the Olympics.
These games will be NBA’s third set of preseason games held in China since 2004.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day