- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC has another celebrity reality show in the works.
The network is partnering with Granada America for a series with the working title “Celebrity Come Dine With Me.” In each episode, a celebrity plays host to a dinner party for four of their famous friends. At night’s end, the party will be judged on its presentation, food and entertainment value.
The concept is based on a format owned by Granada that has found success in 16 countries, including the U.K., where the show has aired four seasons since 2005. The overseas versions mainly have showcased nonfamous contestants, though some also have experimented with celebrity hosts.
NBC considers “Dine” as being in development, but the show is casting for a five-episode run planned for December. At the conclusion of the run, the celebrity whose party receives the highest score wins $20,000 for the charity of his choice. Like all celebrity reality projects, the show’s green light hinges on lining up a suitable cast.
NBC also has in development another U.K.-inspired celebrity show, the genealogy project “Who Do You Think You Are?” which also is being cast. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day