- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC Universal is taking its relaunched online store out of beta mode, with a section devoted to the Beijing Olympics and an option to buy products featured on network shows.
The new store, NBCUniversalStore.com, had a soft launch in April with technical improvements, including enhanced search and navigation. The site features products relating to NBC and the conglomerate’s cable properties, including Sci Fi, Bravo and USA Network.
In addition, the destination, managed by NBC Uni and its long-standing partner Delivery Agent, has added items relating to this summer’s Olympics, which will be broadcast on NBC Uni channels in August.
The store also has a SeenON! feature that allows consumers to purchase items that were used on such NBC shows as “Lipstick Jungle,” “Saturday Night Live” and “Deal or No Deal.”
Judith Dutch, vp retail operations and consumer marketing at NBC Uni, said pins devoted to the Olympics have been selling well on the site. Products relating to NBC shows “The Office” and “Heroes” also are doing well.
The company also opened a section of the store relating to next month’s Comic-Con International in San Diego.
NBC Uni said the store had about 9 million visitors last year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day