- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chris O’Donnell and LL Cool J are in talks to star in CBS’ “NCIS” spinoff.
The pilot for an offshoot from the hit procedural will air as an episode of “NCIS” this spring, just as the pilot for “NCIS” aired as an episode of “JAG.”
O’Donnell would play Callen, an average guy born to do undercover work as the ultimate chameleon, taking on different identities.
LL Cool J is eyed for the role of Sam Hannah, a former U.S. Navy Seal who is tough but charming.
CBS has been hot on LL Cool J. In 2006, the network signed the actor-rapper to a rich development deal, which led to him starring in the 2007 CBS pilot “The Man.”
Meanwhile, “Pushing Daisies” star Anna Friel has emerged as the most sought-after actress this pilot season. She has three offers to choose from: ABC dramas “I, Claudia” and “Eastwick” and CBS drama “House Rules.” Friel’s “Daisies” co-star Lee Pace was offered a pilot but passed.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day