- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Disappointed Neil Diamond fans will get a refund after attending a concert at Ohio State University in which the 67-year-old singer’s voice sounded raspy.
Some fans left the Monday concert early and others said Diamond completed the concert without mentioning anything to the audience about his voice.
A statement from Diamond, the singer of such hits as “Sweet Caroline” and “Song Sung Blue,” on Tuesday says a doctor has diagnosed acute laryngitis.
Diamond spokeswoman Eve Samuels says the singer is offering a refund to those who place a request before Sept. 5. “I haven’t let you down before and I won’t let you down now,” the singer said in an apology on his Web site.
Another message said Wednesday’s concert in Green Bay, Wis., will be rescheduled for Sept. 12, and Friday’s concert in St. Louis, Mo., will instead take place Sept. 10.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day