- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stanton “Larry” Stein and Robert Kahan, former partners in another local law firm, have joined with Marc Dreier, founder of New York-based Dreier Llp., to form Dreier Stein & Kahan in Santa Monica.
The new firm, which also will maintain an office in Century City, will serve as the West Coast affiliate of Dreier Llp., which maintains its Manhattan headquarters, officials said. Dreier Stein began operations Jan. 1, with specialties including entertainment litigation, intellectual property and commercial litigation.
“I believe that in conjunction with our New York office, we will have an extraordinary firm of very broad capabilities,” Dreier said.
“DS&K will allow us to practice in a bicoastal, midsize firm where associates can be mentored and where clients’ special financial and entrepreneurial legal needs can be accommodated,” Stein said.
Kahan said the firm will stand “in sharp contrast to the mega-firms where law has simply become a business and not a profession.”
Stein and Kahan, who had been partners in Alschulter Grossman Stein & Kahan in Santa Monica, will locate the new firm on two floors of their current office building. Three other attorneys from AGS&K also will join DS&K as partners: Susan Grueneberg, Yakub Hazzard and Steve Peden.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day