- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mischa Barton has joined the cast of “St. Trinian’s,” according to Ealing Studios, a British movie production, finance and sales company.
The British-born Barton (Fox’s “The O.C.”) joins Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Lena Headey, Caterina Murino, Stephen Fry, Jodie Whittaker, Celia Imrie, Anna Chancellor, comedian Russell Brand and Toby Jones in the cast alongside model Lily Cole. U.K. pop act Girls Aloud also takes a turn in the film.
Ealing also said that sales arm Ealing Studios International has sealed a deal with Concorde/ Telemunchen for German rights to “Trinian’s,” with Paradiso taking the film in Benelux. Entertainment Film Distributors is releasing it in the U.K.
“Concorde/Telemunchen’s great track record in releasing British films make them our No. 1 choice for the German market,” said Natalie Brenner, head of sales at Ealing Studios International.
“St. Trinian’s” is produced and directed by Oliver Parker and Barnaby Thompson.
The comedy revolves around an infamous school for young ladies.
The project is supported by the U.K. Film Council’s Premiere Fund.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day