- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
New Line has preemptively picked up The Burn, an action-adventure pitch from The Conjuring writers Chad and Carey Hayes.
Beau Flynn, who produced the earthquake disaster movie San Andreas for New Line, is producing The Burn via his FlynnPictureCo.
Plot details are being kept submerged, but the project is described as a tentpole in the tones of Top Gun and Backdraft and is centered in the world of elite wildlife firefighters.
Wendy Jacobson will oversee for FPC. Richard Brener, Michael Disco and Samuel J. Brown are shepherding for New Line.
FPC is currently in pre-production on Paramount’s Baywatch, starring Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron. The company also is developing Rampage, an adaptation of the video game, with producer John Rickard, Johnson and director Brad Peyton, reuniting the team behind San Andreas. The latter is Warner Bros.’ highest-grossing movie of 2015, grossing $474 million worldwide.
The Hayes brothers, repped by WME, Circle of Confusion and attorney Jeff Frankel, are best known for their work in the horror field, most recently working on New Line’s The Conjuring 2. They also wrote and produced supernatural thriller The Crucifixion, which stars Sophie Cookson (Kingsman: The Secret Service) and is set for release next year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day