- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Fox’s two local New York stations announced Thursday that they had reached a wide-ranging programming agreement with the New York Giants. WNYW Fox 5, the market’s Fox O&O station, already carries Giants games as part of the network’s NFC package. Now Giants programming will be on Fox 5 and WWOR My9, a MyNetworkTV affiliate that is also owned by Fox Television Stations Group.
The programming begins Aug. 5 with a weekly “Giants Training Camp Report.” During the season, “Giants Game Plan” will air for a half-hour at 11:30 a.m. Sundays beginning Sept. 9. It will include interviews with the coach and players, as well as analysis and matchups for that day’s game.
“Giants Access Blue,” a 52-week series, starts Sept. 8 on My9 and features a behind-the-scenes look at the Giants players. My9 will also have the premiere of a documentary on the New York Giants later in the season.
The partnership extends online on a Giants and Fox Television Stations section of the Giants’ Web sites. Fox 5’s morning news show, “Good Day New York,” also will air segments on the Giants.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day