- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG — Liza Newnham has been appointed senior vp and general manager of STAR TV’s English-language channels, the News Corp. subsidiary, the No. 1 Hollywood movie channel in India, announced Wednesday.
In the new Hong Kong-based position, Newnham will manage the business operations of the STAR World and STAR Movies channels, reporting to chief operating officer Laureen Ong.
“We are aggressively working to further bolster the channels’ foothold in the English-language entertainment landscape,” Ong said. “We are confident that Liza’s passion, business acumen and in-depth understanding of the industry will serve her well in spearheading these efforts.”
Newnham, after stints in business development at Foxtel in Australia and SKY Italia in Italy, joined STAR in 2005 as vp of Star Ventures, managing the company’s joint venture interests in India. She was subsequently promoted to vp of advertising sales and distribution.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day