- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
LONDON — Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group has promoted Nick Macrae to senior vp of business and legal affairs, the company said Tuesday.
Macrae will report to Clarissa C. Weirick, executive vp and general counsel.
PHOTOS: Cut, Censored, Changed: 10 Hollywood Films Tweaked for International Release
In his new position, Macrae will continue to be responsible for all aspects of business and legal affairs for the division.
The role includes negotiating and concluding platform deals for the studio’s content, acquiring third-party programming and advising on issues surrounding home video, digital and video-games distribution across the EMEA region.
“Nick has been a key member of the London-based legal team for many years,” said Weirick. “As our industry evolves and becomes even more complex, he will play an increasingly important role in each of the home entertainment group’s businesses throughout EMEA.”
PHOTOS: The Top European Media and Entertainment Industry Stories of 2012
Macrae joined Warner Bros. in 1999 as counsel, business and legal affairs for Warner Home Video Europe, and was instrumental in a number of key initiatives leading to the adoption of the DVD format, the company said.
Prior to joining, he was a solicitor at Clifford Chance.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day