- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES — Universal Pictures International evp distribution head Duncan Clark has promoted Niels Swinkels to managing director, UPI U.K. and Ireland.
Currently svp distribution, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Swinkels replaces Simon Hewlett who was recently promoted to evp marketing for UPI.
The Dutch native will now oversee distribution and all other activities surrounding Universal’s theatrical titles across the U.K. and Ireland including upcoming titles “Despicable Me,” “The Kids Are Aright” and “Paul.”
Swinkels joined Universal in 2004 as international marketing director and has served various positions including vp marketing and vp sales and distribution.
He played a coordinating role during the region’s split from United International Pictures (UIP) and helped smooth the transition when UPI opened international territory offices. He will be based in London and report to Clark.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day