- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Nina Wass has been named senior vp creative affairs at OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, the joint venture between Discovery Communications and Winfrey’s Harpo Prods. that’s launching in the second-half of 2009.
Wass spent the past nine years producing programs under a deal with Touchstone Television/ABC Studios. She and her partner, Gene Stein, have had four pilots ordered to series, including the ABC comedy “Less Than Perfect.”
Wass starts her new post Aug. 15, serving as chief member of the senior team, contributing to strategic planning and network direction. She will also manage all programming, including scheduling and production, and help to build OWN’s development and production teams.
“Her career as a producer and a television executive, coupled with her brilliant storytelling and casting skills, are a perfect fit for OWN,” said network president Robin Schwartz, to whom Wass will report.
Wass also spent more than 10 years at TV production company Witt-Thomas-Harris, where she worked as a producer on such shows as “The Golden Girls” and ultimately rose to the ranks of president. She will be based at OWN’s L.A. headquarters.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day