- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Garner is in negotiations to star opposite Ricky Gervais in the comedy “This Side of the Truth.”
The film, to be co-written and co-directed by Gervais with Matt Robinson, is set in a world where lying doesn’t exist. Gervais plays an ordinary Joe who learns how to lie and uses his skills to win over a beautiful woman (Garner) who is way out of his league.
Lynda Obst and Oly Obst are producing the Media Rights Capital-financed project. Production is slated to begin in the spring.
Garner, who recently debuted on Broadway in “Cyrano de Bergerac,” has taken a break from the stage as many New York productions have shut down because of the stagehands strike. She next appears in Fox Searchlight’s “Juno” and next year will begin filming New Line’s “The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past” opposite Matthew McConaughey.
She is repped by Endeavor, Management 360 and attorney Jason Sloane.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day