- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A&E Network is perusing stars’ garage sales for an unscripted pilot created and hosted by Illeana Douglas.
The cable network has shot a pilot for the project, titled “Celebrity Garage Sale,” which features Douglas trying to help her famous friends get rid of their unwanted junk, personal items and dusty memorabilia by having their own garage sale.
The premise of a show in which celebrities hold garage sales for charity is said to have long been a “pet project” for Douglas. The pilot features Tom Arnold, whose garage sale is said to have raised $5,000 for Camp del Corazon, a summer camp for children with heart disease.
“I’ve always been a garage sale fanatic, but the fun of a celebrity garage sale is that their throwaways become someone else’s collectables — like an ‘Antiques Roadshow’ to the stars,” she said. “After all, it’s not just junk — it’s celebrity junk!”
“Garage” is produced by Franzke Entertainment, with Douglas and David Franzke serving as executive producers. Robert Sharenow and Neil Cohen are the exec producers for A&E.
She is repped by Rebel Entertainment Partners and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day