- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bold Films is turning to a true crime tale for its next feature film project.
The indie finance and production company will produce “Above Suspicion,” based on the book by New York Times columnist Joe Sharkey.
Phillip Noyce (“Patriot Games,” “The Quiet American”) will direct from a screenplay by Chris Gerolmo (“Mississippi Burning”).
Bold’s Michel Litvak and co-presidents Gary Michael Walters and David Lancaster are producing along with Colleen Camp, Amy Adelson and Angela Amato. Bold’s Garrick Dion will serve as co-producer. Stephanie Denton, the company’s worldwide distribution president, is handling all international and domestic sales for the film.
The film centers on the true story of the only FBI agent to be convicted of murder. Mark Putnam was a dutiful family man and ambitious rookie agent who embarks on a dangerous affair with an informant. When the affair threatens to unravel his career and marriage, it takes a turn for the worse.
The project marks the first of several films that Bold and producer Camp are partnering to develop.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day