- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — CBS Corp. remains in talks with Oprah Winfrey about the future of her syndicated daytime talk show, with Winfrey set to make a decision by year’s end.
Asked about the future of the show, CBS CEO Leslie Moonves said Thursday that CBS has it locked up through “most of 2011” and is “in constant conversations” with its star.
“She’s a legend,” and the company would like to keep a relationship with her, he said. “We will probably know in a couple of months. We’re in dialogue.”
A spokesman for Winfrey’s Harpo Prods. also said that she has not made a decision yet.
“As she has previously stated, she’ll be making an announcement before the end of the year,” he added.
Earlier in the day, a blog report had said Winfrey had decided to move the talk show to Discovery Communications and Harpo’s joint venture, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, once the CBS deal expires.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day