- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The screening of the digitally remastered edition Oct. 31 will be accompanied by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by Kaoru Wada, a student of Akira Ifukube, who scored the original soundtrack.
A talk show event before the screening at the Tokyo International Forum will feature Haruo Nakajima, the actor who wore the Godzilla suit for 12 films between 1954 and 1975, Shogo Tomiyama, who produced 12 of the iconic monster movies between 1989 and 2004, and Shinji Higuchi, co-director of Toho’s reboot of the franchise last year Godzilla Resurgence (Shin-Godzilla).
Other events for the anniversary include an all-night Halloween program of films Oct. 28 at Roppongi Hills and open-air movie screenings before and during the festival.
TIFF runs from Oct. 25 to Nov. 3 at Roppongi Hills and other central Tokyo venues.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day