- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Overture Films, Paramount Vantage and Paramount Pictures International have teamed for a global distribution deal.
The agreement gives Overture, which launched last year, access to PPI’s distribution arm as well as use of Vantage’s newly installed international sales team.
The deal gives Overture an international platform for its movies while assembling its own domestic system. At the same time, it feeds the needs of PPI, which was formed when its partnership with Universal Pictures in the international distribution entity UIP dissolved.
“Our goal has been to aggressively expand our international operations,” Vantage co-president Nick Meyer said. “A partnership with a great company like Overture helps us to grow our business at a faster rate with terrific product.”
Added Overture COO Danny Rosett: “This is the final piece of our worldwide distribution strategy. We have a partner that allows us to access full-service international capability. Nick has assembled a first-rate sales division, and we also have the ability to distribute directly through PPI.”
Borys Kit reported from Los Angeles; Tatiana Siegel reported from Cannes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day