- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The animated “Pitts” will sound a lot like their live-action counterparts. Dylan Baker and Lizzy Caplan, who starred in Fox’s short-lived family comedy series, have signed on to reprise their roles on the network’s new cartoon version.
Meanwhile, Kate Levering has joined the cast of NBC’s drama pilot “Blue Blood” for director Brett Ratner.
“The Pitts,” from 20th Century Fox TV, Mike Scully and Julie Thacker-Scully, chronicles the adventures of the unluckiest family in the world. Four years after the original live-action series aired on Fox for four weeks, the network ordered two scripts of an animated version of the show (HR 10/10).
Baker and Caplan will reprise their roles as Bob Pitt, the dad, and Faith Pitt, the daughter.
Additionally, Andy Milonakis has been cast as Petey, the son.
The trio will take part in a table read. If that goes well, “Pitts” will be ordered straight to series.
The 20th TV-produced “Blood” is an ensemble show about NYPD rookie cops assigned to street patrol. The show centers on one of the cops, Ed (Logan Marshall-Green), a Harvard graduate.
Levering will play Colt, an officer partnered with rookie cop Sofia (April Lee Hernandez). The actress, who recurs on ABC’s “Cashmere Mafia,” is repped by Paradigm and Forward Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day