- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Newly elected IATSE president Matthew Loeb has appointed two veteran union members to new positions within the organization.
Loeb, who was elected last week to replace longtime president Thomas Short, who is retiring, appointed Michael F. Miller Jr. to take over Loeb’s former responsibilities as division director of motion picture and TV production.
Loeb also appointed Dan Mahoney to a newly created position of assistant division director for motion picture and TV production.
Since 2004, Miller has served as a member of the IA’s general executive board and was previously the eighth international vp of the organization.
He began his career in 1990 as a member of Stagehands Local 27 in Cleveland. Miller joined the IATSE West Coast office in 2001, serving as international rep as well as a labor trustee on the Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health Plans.
Mahoney, who will be based in New York, has been an international rep since 2002 and a member of Local 52, serving as that local’s business rep from 1997-2002.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day