- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar nominee Adriana Barraza is in negotiations and Radha Mitchell is set to appear in Lakeshore’s “Henry Poole Is Here” with Luke Wilson.
The Mark Pellington-directed dramedy is scheduled to go into production in the summer in Los Angeles. Lakeshore’s Tom Rosenberg and Gary Lucchesi are producing.
The story, based on an original screenplay by Albert Torres, centers on a man (Wilson) who discovers that he has only six weeks to live. He leaves his job, fiancee and overbearing mother and tries to spend his remaining days in seclusion. But he goes through a miracle transformation, and his neighbors disrupt his plan.
Pellington said that he got involved with the project three years ago when it was a spec and is very happy that it is moving forward.
“It’s a wonderful story about a hopeless man who finds hope,” the director said. “It’s really beautiful and poignant and funny and sweet. … It really speaks to me personally.”
This marks Barraza’s first role since her Oscar-nominated turn in “Babel.” Barraza is repped by Innovative Artists.
Mitchell’s credits include “Silent Hill” and Lakeshore’s upcoming “Feast of Love.”
Mitchell is repped by CAA, Rick Ax, and Stone, Meyer & Genow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day