- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Internet radio platform Pandora Media announced the addition of Simon Fleming-Wood as chief marketing officer on Monday (Oct. 17).
The founding vice president of marketing at Pure Digital Technologies, Fleming-Wood goes into his new job having previously been a key player in the development and launch of the Flip Video brand.
“Pandora has built a large and passionate following based entirely on the quality of its service and people,” Fleming-Wood says. “Very few brands are invited into so many people’s lives in such a personal way, every day.”
Fleming-Wood’s most recent post was as vice president of marketing for Cisco Consumer Products group, which he took on when Cisco acquired Pure Digital in 2009.
The creation of the CMO position marks Pandora Media’s first major executive expansion since it became a publicly-traded company in June.
“Simon’s entrepreneurial spirit, history of driving business growth, and experience in creating beloved brands and products are all attributes we’re delighted to have him apply in his new role at Pandora as we grow the business,” says Pandora president and CEO Joe Kennedy.
Pandora, which was founded in 2000, currently boasts 80 million users.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day