- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount Pictures and Plan B Entertainment are putting their faith in Julian Farino. The helmer is attached to direct “The Year of Living Biblically” for the studio.
Jay Reiss is adapting the screenplay from A.J. Jacobs’ nonfiction book “The Year of Living Biblically: One Man’s Humble Quest to Obey the Bible as Literally as Possible.”
For the book, Jacobs immersed himself in the rules of the Old and New Testament. The book is scheduled to be published in October by Simon & Schuster.
Paramount’s Pam Abdy is overseeing the film for the studio.
Farino has become an in-demand director after helming episodes of “Entourage,” “The Office,” “Rome” and “Big Love.” He recently signed on to direct his first studio project, the Cameron Diaz-Ashton Kutcher starrer “What Happens in Vegas,” for 20th Century Fox.
He is repped by Endeavor.
Reiss is repped by Endeavor and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day