- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
InterMedia Outdoor Holdings, home of the Sportsman Channel and 15 magazines, such as Guns & Ammo and Game & Fish, has been acquired by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, which owns the Outdoor Channel and 50 percent of World Fishing Network, the companies announced Friday.
InterMedia Outdoor had been held by InterMedia Partners VII, a private-equity investment fund. The price of the acquisition was not disclosed.
KSE said that while it will operate the Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel as two separate networks, the acquisition gives it the “largest multimedia portfolio focused on the outdoor lifestyle.”
The Outdoor Channel’s most popular TV shows include Gun Stories starring Joe Mantegna and Jim Shockey’s Uncharted while the Sportsman Channel reaches 36 million U.S. television households and is home to Amazing America with Sarah Palin. InterMedia Outdoors also operates 17 websites boasting 38 million unique visitors annually and its magazines are read by 26 million hunting, fishing and outdoor enthusiasts.
“This is a highly complementary transaction,” said Jim Martin, CEO of KSE. “We are committed to further investing in these assets, increasing our distribution and expanding the range of content.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day