- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Participant, which was most recently behind Oscar nominee Judas and the Black Messiah, has formed an audience department to expand its online footprint, promoting Jim Hu to executive vp to lead the department.
In the role Hu will oversee digital short-form content production and programming, as well as audience acquisition across Participant’s digital channels, including social media.
“The creation of this new department — with Jim at the helm, whose experience, collaboration and knowledge of our work is immeasurable — marks the next chapter of our growth, grounded in Jeff’s vision that a good story well told can change the world,” said COO Gabrial Brakin, to whom Hu will report.
“For the past 17 years Participant has worked with an incredible community of artists and activists to tell stories that inspire change. Our opportunity now is to forge deeper relationships with our audience of Participants by inspiring them with our content and illuminating pathways for them to create impact,” added Hu, who first joined the company in 2018.
Hu previously worked as a svp strategy and business development and, prior to Participant, worked in similar departments at Instagram, Yahoo!, CNET and the Los Angeles Times.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day