- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The People’s Choice Awards and the American Film Market have joined forces to create a “Favorite Film Pitch” contest.
The competition will have attendees at the AFM, which runs from Nov. 4-11 in Santa Monica, pitch projects in front of producers, distributors and, ultimately, the voting public, PCA president Fred Nelson and AFM managing director Jonathan Wolf said Wednesday.
Submissions to the contest will be recorded live Nov. 7-10 on a set at the AFM. Each pitch will be limited to two-and-a-half minutes.
The AFM will assemble a group of industry leaders to select five finalists, whose pitches will be posted on www.peopleschoice.com — the official PCA Web site — following CBS’ broadcast of the 2010 People’s Choice Awards in early January. Fans will vote for the winner.
The winner will also receive an AFM 2010 package that includes full access for two to the AFM, including seminars and conferences; airfare for two to Los Angeles; hotel for five nights in Santa Monica; and scheduled meetings with producers and distributors.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day