- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Canadian producer Peace Arch Entertainment on Monday said it has launched Peace Arch Releasing, a distribution unit that will release theatrical titles in the U.S. market.
Toronto-based Peace Arch said Mark Balsam, the company’s president of U.S. distribution, will head up the new division. Tom CiCillo comedy “Delirious” will be the unit’s first theatrical release. It opens Aug. 8 in New York.
The follows the company’s purchase last December of movie producers Castle Hill Prods. and Dream LLC for $9.5 million in cash and stock and its recent pick up of U.S. DVD distributor Trinity Home Entertainment for $10 million (HR 5/10).
To fund its recent purchases and expansion, Peace Arch is planning a stock offering that it hopes will raise $29.7 million.
In addition to “Delirious,” which stars Steve Buscemi, Michael Pitt, Alison Lohman, Gina Gershon and Elvis Costello, other upcoming Peace Arch titles include the ensemble drama “Winged Creatures,” starring Kate Beckinsale, Forest Whitaker and Jennifer Hudson; and satire “The Deal,” an adaptation of thePeter Lefcourt novel that stars William H. Macy, Meg Ryan, LL Cool J and Elliott Gould.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day