- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Canadian mini-studio Peace Arch Entertainment on Tuesday said it has picked up the Canadian distribution rights to four movies from Vancouver-based producer Insight Film Studios.
Toronto-based Peace Arch said the multipicture deal includes the Matthew Perry-starring comedy “Numb,” writer Harris Goldberg’s directorial debut that is set for a North American theatrical release in 2008.
Also on the Peace Arch slate is “When a Man Falls in the Forest” starring Sharon Stone and Timothy Hutton, which is set for a DVD release in Canada Jan. 8.
Peace Arch also picked up “Operation Espionage,” a thriller starring Wesley Snipes that is in preproduction and is slated for DVD release next summer, and the Steven Seagal starrer “Higher Education,” also in preproduction and set for a summer 2008 release.
The deal was unveiled by Tim Brown, president of Insight Film Releasing, and Berry Meyerowitz, president of Peace Arch Home Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day