- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Writer-director Menno Meyjes is setting sail on his Viking epic “Last Battle Dreamer” with Ryan Phillippe, Abbie Cornish and Sean Bean on board, producers said Wednesday.
Scheduled to shoot later this year, the project is backed by Future Films, with Handmade Films International handling sales duties.
Phillippe will star as a seventh-century Viking warrior named Thorfinn who, along with his older brother, the battle-scarred Hakon (Sean Bean), invades Britain.
Phillippe and Cornish will next be seen together in Kimberly Pierce’s “Stop Loss.”
Meyjes describes “Dreamer” as “a love story written in fire and blood.” Meyjes is now completing post-production on his biopic of Spain’s most famous matador, “Manolete,” starring Adrien Brody and Penelope Cruz.
New Line Cinema is scheduled to roll out Meyjes’ “Martian Child,” starring John Cusack, in the U.S. in October.
Phillippe is repped by David Guillod at UTA, Bean and Cornish by Tracy Brennan and Hilda Queally at CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day