- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Steve Hulett has been elected to his eighth term as Business Representative of the Animation Guild, which is Local 839 of IATSE. He defeated challenger Karen Nugent, a member of the guild’s executive board.
Ballots for contested positions were counted Saturday. Previously, at the guild’s membership meeting Sept. 28, executive board member Bob Foster was elected without opposition as the guild’s president, replacing Kevin Koch, who stepped down after three terms. Also elected without opposition were vp Earl Kress, recording secretary Jeff Massie and sergeant-at-arms Jan Browning, all incumbents.
For the guild’s executive board, six incumbents were re-elected: Bronwen Barry, John Cataldi, Nicole Dubuc, John Cataldi, Karen Carnegie Johnson and Cathy Jones. Also elected was Nathan Loofbourrow, who served on the board in the 2004-07 term, and four newcomers: Gordon Kent, Mike Roth, Chris Simmons and Jack Thomas.
The Animation Guild represents about 2,800 animation artists, writers and technicians working at animation and visual effects houses throughout California.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day