- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hot off her acting debut in “Precious,” the film’s star Gabourey Sidibe is in talks to join Showtime’s comedy pilot “The C Word.”
John Benjamin Hickey and Phyllis Somerville are set as regulars opposite Laura Linney in the pilot, from Sony TV and Original TV.
“C Word” stars Linney as Cathy, a suburban wife, mother and a teacher forced to face a diagnosis of cancer but who manages to find the lighter side of a dark situation.
Hickey (“Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen”) will play her brother. Somerville (“The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”) will play her neighbor.
Sidibe will play a student in Cathy’s summer-school class. The role could be recurring for the newcomer, whose breakthrough performance in “Precious” is creating Oscar buzz.
Bill Condon is directing “C Word”; Darlene Hunt wrote the pilot.
Hunt is executive producing with Neal Moritz, Vivian Cannon and Linney.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day