- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Prince’s 2007 run of 21 shows at London’s 02 Arena is chronicled in the appropriately named coffee table photo book “21 Nights,” due Sept. 30 via Atria Books.
The photographs, which show Prince doing things such as lounging on a bed in his pajamas, picking out his stage wardrobe and doing soundchecks, were shot by Randee St. Nicholas, a noted fashion photographer and music video director.
As such, the pictures are carefully styled and posed. The back of the book includes a list of the clothiers, apparel makers and candle suppliers whose goods are depicted.
“21 Nights” is sprinkled with short phrases, poems and song lyrics. It is bundled with a previously unreleased 15-track CD, “Indigo Nights,” capturing after-hours jams.
This is not Prince’s first foray into alternative distribution of his music. In 2007, he bundled copies his album “Planet Earth” with U.K. newspaper the Mail on Sunday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day