- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MUNICH — German commercial television channel ProSieben is making a TV film in English and then dubbing it into German for local broadcast, according to news reports Wednesday.
The action film “Fast Track: No Limits” will shoot in Berlin through most of June. It stars U.S. and international actors and is helmed by Axel Sand (“Crazy Race 3”), according to the reports. The script is by Lee Goldberg (“Monk”).
A ProSieben spokeswoman confirmed that the company is making the film, but staffers with more information could not be reached at press time.
The plot revolves around an attractive mechanic who is fighting to hold onto her auto shop. She is helped by various friends, all of whom share her passion for car racing.
ProSieben has been successful in the past few months exporting its TV movies to international audiences.
At this year’s MIPTV in Cannes, two ProSieben films were sold to various European territories. And in April, Warner Bros. bought the German reality show format “Beat Your Host.” But the company has never sold a film to the U.S.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day