- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros. Television president Peter Roth will be honored by the ICG Publicists as the 2008 Television Showman of the Year, officials said Monday.
Roth will be feted at the professional group’s 45th Annual Publicists Awards Luncheon, set for Feb. 5 at the Beverly Hilton.
“Peter Roth has an exceptional record,” said Henri Bollinger, the ICG Publicists’ awards committee chairman. “Under his leadership, Warner Bros. Television and Warner Horizon Television are producing a combined 31 programs for the 2007-2008 season.”
The tally includes 25 broadcast network shows and six for basic cable, Bollinger noted.
Among Warner Bros. Television’s new broadcast network programs are one-hour series “Pushing Daisies,” “Chuck,” “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles,” “Gossip Girl,” “Big Shots” and “Moonlight,” as well as the half-hour comedy “The Big Bang Theory.”
Previous award recipients include CBS Corp. topper Les Moonves, CBS Entertainment chief Nina Tassler, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day