- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cinetic’s digital arm, Cinetic Rights Management, is partnering with digital-media company Babelgum to distribute “Rage,” Sally Potter’s narrative feature set in the fashion world.
The pic, which screened at the Berlin International Film Festival in February, sports an ensemble cast that includes Steve Buscemi, Judi Dench, Jude Law and Eddie Izzard.
The scripted feature is structured as a series of cell phone interviews of New York fashion figures, with mayhem ensuing in the wake of a murder, a fashion crisis and other misadventures.
Christopher Sheppard and Andrew Fierberg produced “Rage.”
The companies are planning a day-and-date online, mobile and theatrical release in September, with Babelgum releasing the film in episodic form on its Web site as well as a mobile platform in the U.S., U.K. and Italy.
Alternative distribution has become appealing for indie productions. CRM has amassed a library of titles to distribute online, and Babelgum has created a series of television-style productions for digital distribution. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day