- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rapper The Game was charged Monday with making a criminal threat and possessing a firearm in a school zone, authorities said.
The felony charges against the 27-year-old rapper, whose real name is Jayceon Terrell Taylor, stemmed from an alleged fight during a Feb. 24 pickup basketball game in South Los Angeles, the district attorney’s office said.
Taylor pulled a gun from his red Cadillac Escalade after punching a player on the opposing team and threatened to shoot him, police said.
“The Game” was arrested May 11 at his Glendale home by police executing a search warrant and was released on $50,000 bail. He also is charged with exhibiting a firearm in the presence of an officer.
Taylor was scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday in Los Angeles.
He faces more than five years in state prison if convicted.
His attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day