- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A head-mounted camera for police officers that’s generating national interest is set to be featured in a new reality TV show.
Base Prods. is near a deal with a major cable network for a “Cops”-type reality show using the AXON head-mounted camera. The production is part of an exclusive deal between Base (“Human Wrecking Balls,” “Fight Science”) and Taser, the camera’s Scottsdale, Ariz.-based manufacturer.
In the series, viewers will be able to see police work from the officer’s point of view, rather than strictly relying on third-party camera operators. The project has the working title “POV-PD.”
“We are truly excited to partner with industry leaders Base Prods. to give our law-enforcement customers a direct outlet to tell their riveting stories of heroism and self-sacrifice,” said Rick Smith, CEO and founder of Taser International. ” ‘POV-PD’ will provide a new platform of longform television to show the public the challenges and heroic actions of law enforcement, recorded from the visual perspective of the men and women who put their lives on the line every day.”
The Bluetooth-size cameras are being tested in San Jose, Calif., where police have received some negative press following violent run-ins with civilians.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day