- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — ReelzChannel Television president Rod Perth will leave his post this month, the network said Tuesday.
Perth, who has been president of the company for seven years and had launched the network in September, will remain with the company in an advisory role. Perth’s duties will be handled by Gary Thorne, president and COO of ReelzChannel.
ReelzChannel is a linear network as well as a broadband Web site devoted to movies. It’s available on DirecTV and Dish Network, as well as selected cable operators. In a statement, Perth said he had brought ReelzChannel through launch and early operation and had achieved what he wanted.
“It’s an ideal transition point for everyone,” Perth said in a statement.
ReelzChannel is based in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minn., and is owned by Hubbard Media Group. It has offices in Minnesota, Los Angeles and New York.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day